- Alabama Repertory Dance Theatre’s spring concert this week
Tuscaloosa News – Feb. 23
The Alabama Repertory Dance Theatre’s spring concert will be Wednesday through Saturday in the Morgan Hall Auditorium on the University of Alabama campus. The group is a pre-professional dance company composed of dance students at UA, performing works choreographed by faculty members and guest choreographers once each semester.
- UA art students help fight hunger
ABC 33/40 (Birmingham) – Feb. 24 (Clip not available)
Art students and restaurants plan to use their talents to help fight hunger. A ceramics class at The University of Alabama is donating bowls for the fundraiser at University Presbyterian Church this Friday at 11 a.m. People who donate $10 can select a handmade bowl and get a meal of soup and bread made by local restaurants. Proceeds will go to the church’s food pantry which helps feed people in need in the Tuscaloosa area.
Also making headlines:
- Why Mississippi is tooting Amtrak’s horn louder than Alabama– Al.com – Feb. 19- William Stewart, Political Science
- UA Criminal Justice professor comments on Apple case -WVUA (Tuscaloosa) – Feb. 20- Diana Dolliver, Criminal Justice
- Pedals, Pipes and Pizza (gallery)– Tuscaloosa News – Feb. 20
- University hosts screening of “Pelo Malo”– Crimson White – Feb. 22
- The end of the era of white history– Nashville Scene – Feb. 23