After reading the article, all of the given pointers will help to get you the most out of your battery. However, there are a few that are more beneficial than others. I have summarized those for you below:
• Keep your iDevice Out of the Sun – This is probably the most important tip to remember in keeping your battery up to par.
• Reduce the Screen Brightness – You will need to adjust this to individual taste. I found that 50% is a reasonable setting and you will still benefit from extended battery life.
• Disable Bluetooth If You Don’t Need it- very good tip, since the iPad will continuously scan for Bluetooth sources. Turn this setting off, until you need to add a peripheral to gain that extra bit of battery life.
• (iPhone Only*) Disable Vibrate feature in Games – The vibration function uses quite a bit of juice, since the actual mechanism is a tiny motor that pulls battery power to operate. Turn this feature off to prolong battery life as well.
There are a few pointers the article mentions that may be more of an irritant to work around than to simply leave them at their default setting.
• Reduce or Eliminate Push Notifications – With this setting disabled, you will not be notified immediately of new mail until you click refresh, or wait on a predetermined amount of time.
• Reduce or Eliminate System Sounds – Very little impact on battery life, and if turned off, you lose the ability to have audible cues as to new email arrival, calendar events etc.