PLEASE NOTE: From Monday, 4/27 – Monday, 6/1 the A&S Student Services Center will be holding Walk-In advising times only. No appointments are necessary! Stop by the office between 9-11:30 am and 1-4 pm for all of your advising and academic planning needs.
Not sure who your advisor is? In the College of Arts and Sciences (A&S), every student has two advisors:
- a College advisor based in the A&S Student Services Center
- a faculty advisor, usually a professor in the department of your major (also called major advisor or departmental advisor)
Your individual circumstances determine which advisor to contact.
If you are …
- a first-year student
- not yet decided on a major
- enrolled in a pre-program (prelaw, prehealth, prepharmacy)
If you have already declared a major and …
- you need to register for classes
… sign up for an appointment with your faculty advisor. Not sure who your faculty advisor is? Find out by contacting your department.
- you are a junior or senior with questions about your progress toward a degree
- you have questions or need advice about your studies, academic progress, financial aid, scholarships, or A&S or UA policies